Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Past Anime Reiview: Midori Days / 美鳥の日々

October 10, 2012
Posted by Onii-chan

Back and many apologies!

Hey guys, I'm back and sorry for the wait! Busy with anime, work, and playing with my new guitar.


The review that I was supposed to talk about was "Green" if I'm correct (From last review in the hint section. Green is Midori in Japanese, and hence, Midori Days / 美鳥の日々is the anime I'll be reviewing today.

Well it starts off as a school-type anime of course, because school animes are what I mostly watch. This is because school animes can relate a lot into reality. Ok, onto the anime!

It starts off in a flashback where Midori is always looking across the railroad tracks to this one guy Seiji aka ‘Mad Dog’, because of his fighting record and his demon right hand…. (He calls it that don’t know why, but I think its because of his awesome punches and moves when fighting against some other school punks.)




Please be my girl friend.
Ok onto Seiji, hes a guy whos been rejected at most the 20th time in a row, because Seiji is a fighter. Girls wont even like him. For living 17 years and 2 months without a girlfriend, (talk about similarities to people in reality) Now, he's mostly a loner because people are afraid of him and stay away.

Also a girl named Takako Ayase starts to like him because he sticks up to these bullies and doesn't fight back.

He says these words when hes injured:
"You just dont get it! Listen Osamu you were taken as a hostage because of me..... If I had beaten them up here....This close to school, someone else might learn how you got dragged into it....And I cant stand you getting hurt because of me......So thats why." After hearing that, the hiding Ayase falls in love with him.

Seiji will come I know it!!!
Seiji!!!! Seiji!!! its really you!!!
Ohhhh forgot one thing during that fight!
Seiji doesn’t have his right hand anymore because Midori is now there! (Like, she is his right hand) Midori was in a comma until she returned. Midori likes Seiji because he protects people. To me, she's also sooo Kawaii!!!!! .

Midori and Seiji go though a lot, like running into Seiji's doll fan classmate, Shuichi Takamizawa who becomes obsessed with his action figure 'Marin'. Then he saw Midori... He also created a Midori webpage, which mass produced Midori dolls. However, he fades away later in the story and falls in love with a girl looking similar to his action figure.  
My Marin

Also this girl (below) named Shiori calls Seiji big-bro to make fun of him and often teasing him about "You have a girlfriend, I can be your girlfriend you know." also Shiori almost sees Midori at one point but Seiji covers it up....

I can be yours anytime you know hehe
Lets talk this out Kouta
Later in the show, Seiji meets up with Midori's childhood friend Kouta Shingyoji, to save Midori until she comes back and he visits her bedroom and causes a lot of commotion. (Which to me was hilarious...)

And the scene when her sister Rin Sawamura finds out about Midori is hilarious because they talk about Seiji and puzzled as to why he brings Midori in the bath.
Also, when his sister brings him along with some old buddies in a biker gang to a party, Midori gets exposed but Seiji tells the biker friends he's a ventriloquist. (Close call...)
Oh no Midori dont move

After all this drama Midori just disappears from Seiji's right hand one day, and regains consciousness in her bedroom. Seiji is happy and sad because he is now able to fight, but he misses Midori. Ayase then confesses her feelings... (wow, talk about a troubled love discussion because that's the first time Seiji got a true love confession other than his right hand. )



Seiji I love you!!!
Midori where are you?











Who will Seiji pick, Midori or Ayase????? 


The theme of this anime consists of funny, heartwarming, and memorable emotions, just like Clannad and Angel Beats. (see school animes are the best, lol)

Also when it comes to school theres always romance and fighting. This is a fun anime to watch, its very enerjetic, keeps you on your feet because of the drama that goes on between Seiji and Midori and its sooooo Kawaii!!!

Midori Days has 13 episodes. Its a short anime series but loved it. If you want to see more check it out! It should be good if you’re a huge school-anime fan like me.




Hint: Manga (Black Rabbit)

Onii-chan
Edited by FayeA

1 comment:

  1. Midori Days! I loved that anime. The idea behind it is really bizarre but Midori is so cute you can't help but smile. It also has an awesome ending theme by the way. I keep singing it every time I go to karaoke with my friends.

    ReplyDelete