Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Best Openings Autumn 2012

October 24, 2012
Posted by DarrenW

Hey Otakus!

Yes, its time again when we rank the opening and endings this season!

So for some weird reason my youtube started loading very slowly, so this review took quite some time to make. So here are the official ranking for OPs this Autumn.

As usual I have to remind you guys that we know that there are many many other openings out there, but we can only rank the ones we are watching.

This time I have to say, the ranking for 3 animes were super close. With a difference of only a few points. Also, Shin Sekai Yori is not ranked here because the OP for that anime doesn't exist. (No OP as of yet)

And due to copyright we might not show some OPs. (Sigh...) So do enjoy the openings we show! If there are any!

9th. Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Music: 3.8
Transitions, Effects & Animation: 1.3
Total: 5.1


Song: Sparkling Daydream by ZAQ

I honestly, liked this song very much. It has an awesome tune and rhythm to it, but watching it was a headache! Literally, I got a splitting headache from watching this opening. It was very fancy and nice and all, but due to the fact the transition was so flashy caused my head to hurt. To those who are prone to seizures, please avoid this OP!

8th: Little Busters!
Music: 3.5
Transitions, Effects & Animation: 2.3
Total: 5.8


Song: Little Busters! by Rita

Very nice tune. I like the vocals and beat. But the transition were a bit faint.

7th: Busou Shinki
Music: 3.3
Transitions, Effects & Animations: 2.6
Total: 5.9

[Video Removed]
Song: Install Dream by Kana Asumi, Minori Chihara, Kaori Mizuhashi, and Megumi Nakajima

I liked "Install Dream" to some extent, but mostly the OP was well done because of the transitions.

6th: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Music: 3.0
Transitions, Effects & Animations: 3.0
Total: 6.0


Song: Kimi ga Yume o Tsurete Kita by Takamori Natsumi, Nakatsu Mariko, ペットな彼女たち, Kayano Ai

All round a pretty decent opening. Cheerful mood going on which is quite nice. The song is nice because everyone is singing, I guess.

5th: Magi
Music: 3.5
Transitions, Effects & Animations: 3.0
Total: 6.5

[Video Removed]
Song: V.I.P.

A pretty nice song, especially since its been sung by a guy instead of the rest, which are all girls. Magi had a lot of things going on in the OP, so its quite nice.

4th: Sword Art Online [Opening 2]
Music: 4.0
Transitions, Effects & Animations: 4.0
Total: 8.0


Song: INNOCENCE by Eir Aoi

Awesome tune there, I really liked the song, thought the transitions were here and there, pretty good but not fantastic.

3rd: K
Music: 4.3
Transitions, Effects & Animations: 4.5
Total: 8.8


K Opening by Jomaur
Song: Kings by angela

I loved this OP, basically, it was very cool, with the Scepter 4 & Homura Clan members, but compared to the last 2, this one was just "very good". The transitions were cool psychedelic and very amazing, to be frank. Song was traditional and modern at the same time.

2nd: PSYCHO PASS
Music: 4.2
Transitions, Effects & Animations: 4.7
Total: 8.9


Song: Abnormalize by Ling Tosite Sigure

Going for the black and white, PSYCHO PASS's OP was definitely something. Though not a fan of the tune "Abnormalize", I loved the chorus tune. The transitions were amazing and badass, and I really liked it.

1st: BTOOOM!
Music: 4.5
Transitions: 4.6
Total: 9.1


Song: No Pain, no Game by nano

And YES, BTOOOM, by a margin, is the best OP this season, mainly because OF THAT SOUND. Yes, "No Pain, no Game" is currently my favourite tune. But that's only half of it. It was because the transitions and animations in this OP was so fast packed and matched the song so well, that I couldn't miss it. 1:17 is probably what sums it up.

-------------

And there you have it. Yes it might be objective, but I really tried very hard by listening to each OP at least 10 times before I made judgement.

Congratulations BTOOOM!

DarrenW

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Btoom has a nice opening theme. However, I would place it third. My favorites are the Robotics;Notes opening, followed by Bakuman 3.
    I kind of like the opening of psycho-pass but I can't, for the life of me, understand a word they are singing.

    ReplyDelete