Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Manga Review: LIAR GAME

November 15, 2011
Posted by DaBrenz

Hello everyone! I’m the newest author here, DaBrenz! I’ll be introducing a manga instead. (since we already have so many anime lovers here)
The manga I will be introducing today is my favourite MIND-SCREW manga:


Artist/Writer: Kaitani Shinobu

This manga really catered more to the seinen category and like I mentioned, a psychological manga that really mind-screws you! It is also one of the most popular manga on MangaFox, with over a million views! However, there's only a little (if at all) romance in this manga...

Current Status as of this post: Hiatus. (You’ll know why shortly.)

The main protagonist of this story is a FEMALE who goes by the name of Nao Kanzaki. Revolving around other key characters such as Akiyama (HOTTIE superbub in my opinion), Yokoya, Fukunaga, this manga is really for one’s discovery of the mind at work, as well as to learn and see things in a completely different perspective, presented by the awesome Kaitani Shinobu.

The plot of the story revolves around money, and the story starts off with a whopping 100 MILLION YEN! Through numerous intricate plots against a masked organization with twisted desires to find the true “LIAR KING”, you can prepare to sit back and enjoy an extremely good read. 

Who’s your friend? 
What is your enemy? 
Which one can you trust? 
How will it progress?

No one can expect what the next twist in Liar Game will be.

However, be warned that the art of this manga has plagued many readers! Do not expect beautiful girls and art like those you find in 'Kaichou wa Maid~sama!', etc. This manga really focuses on the storyline and the development of the plot, and its loyal readers (us) would honestly prefer for it to stay that way! (As long as the story isn’t compromised).


Liar Game is available on MangaFox, with the latest chapters being scanlated by TDX. It has 138 chapters so far. The best part is that even though it is on hiatus right now, there is no cliffhanger! With an awesome plot like that of Liar Game, who minds a little hiatus?

Next review: Now, who doesn’t love a good high-school romance?

DaBrenz, signing off!

3 comments:

  1. I have a question... Has Akiyama in the last chapters realised that he likes Nao?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Sorry for the late reply, I never expected anyone to comment hahaha :) To make up for my lateness let me make it up to you with a long(?) comment :D

    Let me answer your question with my personal opinion: No.

    No because while I THINK that Akiyama cares for Nao, he hasn't actually realised that he LIKES her yet. In my opinion that's a really big difference.

    Besides, the so called romance in the manga is really just speculation on my part and the rest of the fellow readers. I tend to over analyse and read alot into the smallest details, so I feel that even Akiyama texting Nao etc is a representation of whatever non-existant or existing romance between them.

    Just keep reading, Liar Game definitely won't disappoint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one mind blowing manga. Though i haven`t seen even a little bit of romance in it so far?? And is Liar Game roots of A, a part of it?

    ReplyDelete