Friday, November 18, 2011

Initial Impressions: Kimi To Boku

November 18, 2011
Posted by IAmBored

GOMENANSAI!
Wow! I haven’t been able to watch anime for like 3 weeks. So I wasn’t able to write a review. Well, why? 
[1] My computer is super slow. Takes about 5 hours to load an episode (O_o) But the internet connection is wayyy better now. PHEW
[2] My brother had exams, so I’m not supposed to ‘distract’ him. 
[3] My project that takes up majority of my time.


So I guess by the time this is uploaded, my project presentation should have ended and I would have more free time to do whatever I like. :D
Ok. I’m running short of time so I shall make this review sweet and short  :D Let’s go!



L>R: Kaname, Chizuru, Shun, Yuki and Yuta.
All CROSS-EYED!
Well, this is an extremely light-hearted anime that revolves around school life and friendship and adoration (a bit). There are 6 main characters, twins Yuki and Yuta Asaba. Yuta is older. Shun Matsuoka, Kaname Tsukahara, Chizuru Tachibana and Masaki Sato.

The story revolves around the memory and current life of the four friends, Yuki, Yuta, Shun and Kaname. The four met in pre-school and are in the same high school now. Yuta is mature and more out-spoken than his brother. Yuki is more indifferent and has some sort of brother complex thingy. (Shown in manga)

Shun. A GUY.
Both enjoy pissing Kaname off with their dry humour. Shun is the feminine one. I thought he was a girl at first! He sounded like a girl too! (Unless there is a problem with either the speaker or my ears) Kaname is considered the smart one (geeky looking) and is short-tempered.

The other 2 characters are introduced later. The girl, Masaki (crazy girl, watch and you know why), is shown in the 2nd episode and Chizuru (half Japanese) in the 3rd episode. It takes too long and gives major spoilers if I explain about them.

Masaki & Shun.
Don't they look like 2 girls?
[Theme] Light-hearted, teaches about friendship and school life.


[Plot] Quite okay. It is a little funny at times but not the LOL kind, more of a dry laugh kind. It is a little random though, because the episodes are not exactly linked with each other, so no one really knows what would come out next. (The titles of the next episodes doesn’t help and I hate looking at previews because it makes me impatient) But it generally is well elaborated without the feeling of vagueness if you view it per episode wise.


My impressions:

[1] Yuki reminds me of my ex-classmate in the sense that nothing interests her and is a huge fan of mangas. My ex-classmate is also like Yuki as both only takes action if there is a benefit or benefits to be reaped. Both also hate to wear uniform and twig it whenever they can. So I guess he is one of the only characters that I can sort of understand.


[2]  I DON’T LIKE THE ART! The people drawn have crossed-eyes. Well, anime characters are supposed to be perfect, no? I don’t really mind real-life cross-eyed people, but in a reality world, it kind of freaks me out and the worst is that all of them have the same problem! Now how is that possible?

[3] NEKO alert! I love anime cats! :D I realized for some freaky reasons, every single anime I watch to date has some cat or cats in it, whether random or not. REALLY FREAKY! :O But I hate real life cats. They give off the don’t-come-near-me-or-I-will-bite vibe, so I usually stay away… Anyways, in this anime, it is random appearance.

Kimi to Boku premiered on October 4th.

HAHA:D
Well, the PV. ENJOY!!!


Alright! Back to my stupid project!
Ciaos XD
Hint for next review: Diary XD (Will be out soon!)


IAmBored

No comments:

Post a Comment