Saturday, July 30, 2011

Artist In The Spotlight: ELISA

Good Afternoon readers!

If you all have noticed, I now post reviews on weekends! A lot of things are happening IRL and I can't post so often! But I will try to post as much as possible during these weekends! ^_^

So today I'll be doing a new segment in WWHCurrent! "Artists In The Spotlight"! Part of the Music section of WWHC!

And from the title, I'll be talking about my favourite artist, ELISA! People who watch anime will definitely know who she is! (Well, my genre that is...)

ELISA is a singer with Geneon Universal Entertainment, of which she has produced a whole load of songs dedicated to classical music.


In 2007, she sang "Euphoric Field" which was used in the anime "Elf: A Tale Of Memories".














In 2008, her 2 songs, "Hikari" and "Ebullient Future" were used in the 2 animes, "Nabari no Ou" and "Ef: A Tale of Melodies".














And of course! In 2009 she sang for "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun"! The 2 EDs "Dear My Friend" & "Real Force", of which is my favourite!














And in 2010, she debuted the single "god only knows" for my favourite anime! "The World God Only Knows"! Though the original song was 8 minutes long, I loved it!

In 2011, "The World God Only Knows II" came back and she sang the OP for a 2nd time, with "A Whole New World God Only Knows"!

ELISA has released 3 albums over the past 3 years, they are












   
       "Rogue Adolescence"                                 "white pulsation"


                                                and "Lasei"

I think it's because of the violins. I just realized all the songs i like have violins in them... So, if you like violins, this is definitely for you! ELISA has quite a high voice, so it fits in perfectly with the songs she sings.

The songs she sings are all very enjoyable an what is interesting is the combination of modern and classical, some songs having electric guitar and synthesizers with the classical violin and piano. There is a culmination in all her songs that differentiates itself very much from the normal classical singers.

Ah and she also sings English in her songs, though a lot of the time I can't make it out.

And she's having a new single out in August!

So why not? Try listening to her songs! 

Expect more reviews next!

Which anime is everybody dead?

WWHCurrent
wwhcurrent@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment