Saturday, April 28, 2012

Final Impressions: Beelzebub

April 28, 2012
Posted by IAmBored

Anyeong...:D

Yeah, so I realized that Beelzebub has came to an end. So... This is my first ever final impression. Yes... So it is very very late, but I was doing other stuff and I had a bunch of animes and drama to watch.

So let's go!


Like 'father' like 'son'
What would you do if you found out that you had to take care of a baby, which is not yours, but your parents think otherwise? Tatsumi Oga’s life turned upside down when a baby clung to him. This baby is none other than Kaiser de Emperana Beelzebub IV (AKA Baby Beel), the youngest son of the current demon king. In other words, the baby is a demon baby. Along with him came woman named Hildegarde (Hilda), who is a maid responsible of taking care of Baby Beel, and a dimensional transport demon named Batim do Emuna Alaindelon. Due to the fact that the baby needs a human parent to take care of him (a human who is strong, arrogant, and thinks nothing for the fellow man, and Oga fits the description perfectly), Baby Beel thus sticks to him and Oga is forced to take care of him. Oga can’t go away from the baby more than 15 meters or he will experience a high voltage shock that would kill him. (The baby shoots lightning out of its body if it cries or throws tantrums….OUCH) And things happen around him as he tries to get rid of the baby.

Hilda
After the first few episodes, it was revealed in the plot that Baby Beel was sent by his father to destroy the world we live in. So not only does Oga have to raise Baby Beel, he also has to stop the world from coming to an end. (Though the demon king is super obsessed with games despite the fact that he is bad at playing them, to the extent that he ignores practically everything else. And that includes destroying the world. So yeah, despite the 'warning' of the world coming to an end. It never actually happened.)

Kawaii
So one word I have for this anime is: "Insane". It is totally out-of-this-world (literally) kind of insane. The randomness of the anime totally amazes me. Although I won't say I usually watch this kind of anime (since there aren't many fighting based animes that are funny... wait, some are...) as the plot and the title seriously threw me off. Yeah, and add the baby and I probably wouldn't even have bothered. But for some reason, I was tempted to watch it. SO I DID. And guess what? I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
(O_o) I wonder what happened...
The plot, despite some similarities and overlaps, is pretty well played out. What I really really like about this anime is the fact that all characters have an opportunity to shine in the anime. No character (big or small) have less than 20 seconds of time on screen. Every now and then, there will be a diversion of episode where the supporting characters can shine and develop and be the main lead for that episode. This is awesome as sometimes it gets a little annoying that the main lead is hogging the lime-light and the supporting characters desperately need more development, especially for viewers to understand them better. :D


A few of the many characters
Yeah. The songs are also awesome and I love the animation for the openings and endings!!! <3 The only complaint I have is that the producers should spend more money to hire more creative story-liners. Other than that, I don't really have any issue with this anime!!! So do watch it if you run out of animes! :D


The anime ended with 60 episodes on 25th march 2012... So I'm late. But better late than never! HAHA
*wink*


WooHoo!





Yeah and school is hectic for me. The teachers were super boring and I probably fell asleep in class more times than I can count. And the projects are killing me. But otherwise, I should probably still be hanging around (especially in the K-POP section at YouTube) and if I disappear for long periods of time (like recently) it is either because of school or because my fav band came out with a new album or something like that.


Cheers.
IAmBored *who lacks an organizer and thus is replaced by an irritable panda*
Edited by FayeA *who is attending cram school and has no time for editing.

2 comments:

  1. I dropped the series like 12 episodes ago when it started, I think. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... This anime is quite ok in my standards. Not too good on the originality, but awesome on the fighting scenes and hilarious moments.
    Maybe it is because the first few episodes were on plot development? And a little bit of gay-ism along the way? :D
    Do give it another try if you are free:D

    ReplyDelete